First and foremost, I would like to thank members for electing me as President elect of the Malaysian Society of Otorhinolaryngologists-Head & Neck Surgeon (MSO-HNS) at our 31st Annual General Meeting on 13 May 2011 at the Borneo Convention Centre in Kuching, Sarawak.
It is indeed a great honour to be elected to this position and I pledge to serve to the best of my ability. I must also congratulate Dr Yap Yoke Yeow, the retiring president and the exco committee 2010 – 2011 on a successful year and for their commitment and dedication over the past twelve months.
The year 2011 – 2012 has been a special year for our society. Our society has reached its thirtieth (30) birthday in 2011 (1981 – 2011) and has a good foundation which was set up by all past presidents. For the last 30 years, ORL-HNS has undergone a major expansion. We have improved our teaching of ORL- HNS and our service to the public. Our members have increased tremendously in number. The latest total number of our members is 317. In conjunction with our 30th anniversary, the exco has decided to produce a brief history of MSO- HNS evolution. We hope that the book will be ready by end of this year.
Dr Primuharsa Putra Bin Sabir Husin Athar
Table of Content:
– Message from the President
– Celebrating 30 Years, Moving Forward Together – Message by the Outgoing President
– Hospital Tuanku Fauziah – In Focus
– 7th Malaysia – Singapore Joint Scientific Meeting
– The Butterfly Effect
– The Perak ENT Teaching Programme for Primary Care
– Head & Neck Cancer Symposium 2012 in Hospital Ampang
– Head & Neck Cancer Awareness in Klang
– May is.. Better Hearing and Speech Month
– Report : Bentong Health Camp
– MSO-HNS Retreat @ PD
– MSOHNS Annual Scientifi c Meeting 2012
– Task Integrated Objective Structured Clinical Examination: An Innovative Model for Postgraduate Training in Medical Education
Please download the Newsletter below for further reading…